Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dream Teams

Photo via Creative Commons license:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/werkheim-hamburg/4520499850
I have been studying Barbara Sher's materials (along with several other authors) for well over a year now.  I've always had a passion with trying to discover how to balance work and family.  My husband and I have both worked, for many years, outside the home.  We also had an opportunity to run a home-based brick and mortar business (electrical contracting) for a few years.  We found that running our business took even more time away from our family, even with being essentially home-based.  I went back to the drawing boards in 2007, shortly after we closed that business, attempting to find the secret to work-life balance, to be able to give my children more of my time and undivided attention while still providing a good life for them, financially.

It wasn't until about eighteen months ago that I came across Valerie Young, Barbara Sher, then Barbara Winters, and many other authors and bloggers that were living their dreams.  I've read, studied, and then read and studied some more.  I've looked into Mastermind groups (which have a similar theory, but focus almost exclusively on business and professional goals), and I have combined many of their ideas along with my own to create the best way to make your dream life happen... whether that dream life includes backpacking across America, owning your own small farm, or changing careers.  "But wait!" you'll tell me.  "I've got kids to support, (parents to take care of, or a home that needs tending).  I can't just run away from my responsibilities."  No, and I wouldn't encourage you to run away.  Unless that's what you want to do.  But I'll show you how to take care of your responsibilities, yet still make your dreams happen.  When your dreams seem out of reach, I'm here to tell you that they're not!

I have created my own version of what have been called Success Teams or Mastermind Groups, or they can go by many other names.  I agree wholeheartedly when Barbara Sher says that "Isolation is a dream killer."  Having a team does wonders to help you achieve small steps toward your dreams.  Helping others achieve small steps towards their dreams will help you just as much!

If you're interested in joining a Dream Team currently being put together in Victoria TX or the surrounding areas, or if you and some of your friends/acquaintances just need some help getting started, contact me!  I can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment