Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Books I Love


These are my all-time favorite books (for now).  :)

Barbara Sher's Teamworks! on the left, Barbara Sher's I Could Do Anything If I Just Knew What It Was, Barbara Winter's Making a Living Without a Job, and Barbara Sher's Wishcraft.  Any of these books (except possibly Teamworks! which is now out of print) can be purchased from Amazon.com by clicking on the book in the carousel below, if you're interested in reading them for yourself.

They are the inspiration for my Dream Teams, and we rely heavily on Teamworks!, Wishcraft, and Making a Living Without a Job with our teams.  It was these books, along with a few others, that solidified my desire to create the Dream Teams, along with my coaching practice.

If you have ever seen my LinkedIn profile, you will see that my professional/business experience has really run the gamut.  While I enjoyed certain aspects of nearly every job I've ever had, I knew that each one wasn't a particularly good fit for me.  I enjoy working with start-ups from the idea forward, and I enjoy checking on their progress, offering help here and there when they need it.  But the day-to-day functioning of a business is not for me (other than my own).  But for me, the most fun is the idea phase... which led to my creating Dream Teams.  Seeing someone light up when they realize what it is they want to do is the second best part of my "job".  The first place moment is when I see their dream come true... when the doors to the coffee shop opens, or they leave for their trip across America (or overseas).

What's your dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment